Energy Systems & Energy Economics
Workgroup Energy Systems and Energy Economics
The lack of acceptance and ever-increasing investment risks for large power plant projects have led to an investment in the European energy industry since the nineties. The age structure of the European power market simultaneously forces a rapid rebuilding of the electricity industry, the further expansion of renewable energies and an ever increasing network of increasingly decentralized production structures.
With the analysis of electricity and gas markets, agent-based simulations and active collaboration in international and interdisciplinary research networks, the Chair of Energy Process Engineering contributes actively to the assessment of technical and economic risks of new energy technologies in the energy-economic context. A special concern is the acknowledgment of the success of the German Energiewende and its employees in the workgroup Energy Systems and Energy Economy under the leadership of Dr.-Ing. Sebastian Kolb further development not only in Germany but also worldwide.
- BMBF-Project Klimapakt2030plus
- BMWK- Project ProKläR-mission
- BMWK-project SyntheseREADY
- BMWi-project – Kläffizient
- EnCN project part 1.1: Base load storage systems with low-temperature storages
- BMWi-project ESM-Regio
- BMWi-project – SustainableGas
- EU-project: CARINA
- Industry order:: Studie “Deutschland ohne Erneuerbare Energien”