Startpage of the Chair of Energy Process Engineering
Welcome to the
Chair of Energy Process Engineering
The Chair of Energy Process Engineering works in the heart of Nuremberg “Auf AEG”, since 2011. The chair is part of the Department of Chemical and Bioengineering of the Friedrich Alexander-University Erlangen-Nürnberg.
Main focus of our work in research and teaching is the efficient use of conventional and renewable energies using thermochemical an biological processes like
- Combustion and thermal gasification (Heatpipe-Reformer technology, fluidized bed combustion, CFD-simulations to predict slagging effects, etc.)
- Second Generation Fuels & Fuel Cells (Processing lean gas in SOFCs, production of methane as an alternative to natural gas, Power-to-Gas etc.)
- Energy Systems and Energy economy (Storage technologies, strategy development for renewable energy sources, energy system modelling, etc.)
Research topics of the assistant professorship for distributed energy process engineering are:
- Bioelectrocatalytic power generation (enzymatic and microbial fuel cells, bioelectrode engineering)
- Waste-to-Energy (self-powered biosensors, circular bioeconomy, bioelectrochemical systems with anaerobic digestion, organic waste valorization)
- Bioelectrosynthesis (biocatalyzed production of value-added chemicals, electro-methanogenesis, CO2 biotransformations)
Do not hesitate to contact us.